In partnership with The Harrelson Center, Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear hopes to enhance health care navigation through the Help Hub. The goal is to work with all community members (Insured, uninsured, or under-insured) in navigating the health care system as well as providing resources for preventive care.
An LPN will be at the Help Hub within The Harrelson Center Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am – 12pm on a weekly basis. The resources provided by CCLCF’s LPN are:
1. Assisting with the process of applying for Medicaid, social security, or bridging the gap to the Department of Social services as well as disability resources for other insurance needs.
2. Linking doctors, dentists, behavioral health and vision providers, and other specialists to community members.
3. Providing medication education as well as financial assistance for medication(s).
4. Assisting with resources for food, housing, and employment.
5. Working with medical providers by obtaining access to durable medical equipment (DME), and other medical supplies.
6. Providing support and education on lifestyle changes. (For example: stop smoking, losing weight)
7. Providing educational support to improve chronic health conditions. (For example: diabetes, high blood pressure)
Cape Fear Health Net
In partnership with The Harrelson Center, Community Care of the Lower Cape Fear hopes to enhance health care navigation through Specialty Navigation. The goal is to work with all Cape Fear Health Net Members requiring specialty care in navigating the health care system as well as providing resources for preventive care.
CCLCF was written into a grant through The Duke Endowment that was awarded for 2 years to develop and establish, evidence-based care management program for their uninsured patients. Already we have seen reduction in weight, blood pressure (for those with high blood pressure), blood sugar (for those with diabetes), and decreased emergency department visits.